Agility fun runs are held periodically. Fun Runs are free for members of the Rainier Agility Team. Members may bring a guest at the cost of $10 per additional handler/dog team. All participants are expected to arrive on time to help set up as well as stay for tear-down after the fun run. Practice guidelines apply to all fun runs, and can be viewed here:
All people attending a Fun Run need to sign the attendance sheet / waiver form:
To volunteer to schedule and run a fun run, please contact email@example.com
We are currently planning some fun runs for the upcoming months. Check back soon. For directions, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Fun Run Schedule
|2/19/17||Sunday||10:00 am – noon||Mike Vorkapich||Open||Rivendale, Woodinville|
|3/26/17||Sunday||9:00 am – noon||Mike Vorkapich||Open||Blast, Gig Harbor|
Tax Day Fun!
|Saturday||2:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Mike Vorkapich||Open||Vortex, Kent|
Root Beer Run!
Click for Flyer
|Open to the public||Mega-Dogs, Woodinville|
|7/1/17||Saturday||2-5 pm||Mike Vorkapich||Open
CPE Jackpot course
|8/6/17||Sunday||TBD||Mike Mason||Open||Home of Mike and Debbie Mason
|10/14/17||Saturday||10:00 AM||Mike Vorkapich||Open||Argus Ranch Practice Arena|
|11/4/17||Saturday||2:00 PM||Eric Sanford||Open||Four Paw Sports Center, Lynnwood WA|
|12/10/17||Sunday||1:00 PM||Mike Vorkapich||Open||Rivendale, Woodinville|
*PIC = Person In Charge
Who can participate in fun runs?
In order to participate in RAT fun runs you must be a current RAT member and meet at least one of the following critera:
- The dog has earned at least one qualifying score in a Regular/Standard class at the Novice/Starters level in a sanctioned agility trial
- The handler has earned a minimum of an Elite/Masters/Excellent title on a dog that they have trained
- The handler has permission from the Person in Charge (PIC)
- Attendance as a guest (see the full RAT Practice Guidelines for details)
Fun Run Organization
The Person in Charge (PIC) may make changes to the organization of fun runs as they see fit, but all fun runs will generally follow these guidelines:
- Participants will add their dogs’ names to the sign up board
- Each handler is allowed to run a maximum of twice per full rotation if they have two or more dogs
- Running order will be determined by jump height
- The next handler team to run will be “on deck” and ready for their turn
- If a timer is used, the clock will start when the previous team leaves the course, or when a jump height change has been completed
- Members may use their time as they see fit for their training goals – they may run the numbered course or not.
- Participants should ask in advance if they want assistance (e.g., targets, pseudo judges, ring stewards, etc.)
- All participants are expected to help set courses, change jump heights, straighten chutes, etc.