The Rainier Agility Team is a non-profit club dedicated to promoting the sport of dog agility. Founded in 1989, RAT was the first agility club in the Seattle-Tacoma area. RAT hosts nine trials every year and is affiliated with the North American Dog Agility Council (NADAC), Canine Performance Events (CPE), the Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA), and the United States Dog Agility Association (USDAA). RAT is a hard working club powered by volunteers! Our ability to put on trials, seminars, and practices depends entirely on the active participation of our members.
- To promote the sport of dog agility
- To educate members and the public about the sport of dog agility
- Protect and advance the interests of dog agility by encouraging sportsmanlike competition, dog welfare, and responsible dog ownership
- Host USDAA, NADAC, CPE, and ASCA sanctioned trials
- Provide agility demonstrations
- Offer free, members-only agility practice sessions
RAT has approximately over 100 members across Washington state. Membership is open to anyone. Please see the Membership Benefits and How to Join pages for more information. We look forward to meeting you!